17 June 2012

My May radio reviews on 101.9 ChaiFM

So May was my Non-Fiction Period. Like Picasso's Blue.

But smaller.

For some reason, I couldn't seem to pick up anything that wasn't a memoir, a behind-the-scenes or a biography.

And I loved every minute of it.

So my third book review show on ChaiFM was dedicated to three non-fiction delights:
  • Mennonite in a Little Black Dress by Rhoda Janzen
  • How to Get Quoted in the Media by Damaria Seine
  • Full Service: My Adventures in Hollywood by Scotty Bowers, Lionel Friedberg
Having lapped up non-fiction-ish May, I made a list of some biographical want-to-reads:
  • Growing Up Amish (Ira Wagler)
  • Jackie, Ethel, Joan: Women of Camelot (J Randy Taraborrelli)
  • The Long Hard Road Out of Hell (Marilyn Manson)
  • The Game (Neil Strauss): read it, loved it, couldn't stop thinking about it
Look out for a coming summary of June's reviews, and listen in on Tuesdays from 11-11.30am.

No comments: